Privacy and Security
We respect your privacy and appreciate that many others out there do not. We therefore do everything we can to give you peace of mind and allow you to shop with confidence.
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and security. Any personal information that we obtain about you through your dealings with us will be processed, stored and disposed of in compliance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
- We electronically store details of your name, address, contact details and previous order information.
- You have a right to request details about your personal data that we store and a right to demand correction, blocking or deletion of that data.
- We will never pass your personal information to anyone else without your permission or unless directed to by the UK Government or Law Enforcement Agencies.
- All information is held securely, for example locked or password protected.
- All information is destroyed, for example by shredding, before being disposed of.
- You are responsible for the security of your password.
- We cannot access your password details.
- We may occasionally collect information about where you are on the internet including browser type, country of origin, internet service provider, the pages you visited in our website and any search terms you specified. This information is only to help us improve your shopping experience, help process your order and to ensure that we can optimise your shopping experience by notifying you (with your permission) of offers or new items that may be of interest.
1.0 OUR CORE BELIEFS REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 RELEVANT LEGISLATION
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 9.0) for clarification.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link like this one, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our own SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices. However, not all mail servers are secured in such a way. Therefore, we would suggest that you always consider email as an insecure medium and not include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within an email.
3.3 Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic (approximately one per month) newsletter-style emails from us.
4.0 HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pseudonymisation is a recent requirement of the GDPR which many web application developers are currently working to fully implement. We are committed to keeping it as a high priority and will implement it on this website as soon as we are able to.
No personal details are stored within our database
5.0 ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted by WP ENGINE a UK based managed services data centre.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- 24/7/365 technical support
- High Performance Infrastructure
- Amazing uptime figures
- Transparent communicion
- Managed Services
- Life Cycle Hosting
- Spam and Virus Protection
Full details of United Hosting’s data centre can be found here.
6.0 OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 3 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
7.0 DATA BREACHES
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
8.0 DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller of this website is: Yellodoor Ltd, a UK Private limited Company with company number: 10118745
Whose registered and operating office is:
Sandy Farm Business Centre,
9.0 DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Mr. T Payne
Director, Yellodoor Ltd
Telephone: 01252 784528